Welcome to our parish website. We hope you find the contents here helpful whether you are a parishioner or a visitor.
If you have an enquiry please either email the Parish Office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 460 4274. The Parish Secretary, Julie Hindmarsh, can be contacted by email email@example.com or by telephone 07891 162205 during office hours, Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 2pm.
Good Friday 10 April, Celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 3pm Link to follow
For the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday 11 April, please join the live streaming celebration from St Mary’s Cathedral at 7pm which is available here
- Until further notice, all churches are to remain closed and public liturgies, including Mass, will not to be celebrated in our churches. Because of this exceptional situation, the obligation for the faithful to attend Mass on a Sunday or Holyday of Obligation and to fulfil Easter Duties at this time is removed.
- Fr Peter will celebrate Mass without a congregation on Sundays for the People of the Parish and also on weekdays without a congregation as announced in the weekly parish newsletter (see this week’s newsletter here). Whilst parishioners cannot be physically present for these Masses, they can join in the celebration of Mass by making a Spiritual Communion while the Mass is being celebrated.
- Please note all parish meetings /gatherings are suspended until further notice.
- During this time of trial, our homes will now become the centre for daily prayer for many people. Home becomes a ‘house church’ and daily reflection on the readings for Mass and the Rosary would be two good sources of direction for prayer and reflection. Please see the diocesan website rcdhn.org.uk for further information and resources.
- Live broadcasts of Mass from various locations and at various times can be found at the following website: churchservices.tv
RECENTLY DECEASED Please remember in your prayers Kevin Lowdon and Catherine (Kathleen) Muldoon who have died recently. May they rest in peace. Amen.
SUPPORT FOR PARISHIONERS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC A number of parishioners are offering support to other parishioners who are vulnerable or self-isolating. If you or a friend or relative would welcome a phone call, a bit of shopping, want the newsletter dropping through your letterbox etc., please phone 07570 045976. Your request will be passed to a trusted parishioner who will contact you to discuss your request.